Everything in this blue area is part of the new process that is required for anyone to use Open Studio. Please review to make sure you understand how it all works and feel free to call with any questions.
Due to the nature of many items being touched during the screen printing process I have updated how Open Studio works and re-arranged the studio to provide social distancing.
Masks are required 100% of the time - no mask, no entrance. I also have hand sanitizer for you to use upon arrival and departure. Gloves (provided) will also be worn 100% of the time.
• Only 1 printer per day where I will disinfect before and after each session.
• I have examination gloves for you to wear (yours to keep) that will be included in the one time fee*.
• Files must be submitted with Request Form as the computer station is currently not available.
• If you are new to Ink Lounge (or it's been several years), please note that for at least through the summer, Refresher training is not available as I am currently not doing any 1-on-1 training.
*PLEASE NOTE: an additional $10 fee per session will be added to cover additional time in printing files, disinfecting items, plus a set of gloves fro you to use/keep. This allows me to provide a safe environment and have open studio hours available.
Thanks for your understanding and following the new rules that will allow us all to be safe.
The following info is more or less the same as before,
please also review so you understand how Open Studio works.
Practice. Print. Repeat.
I offer my workshop area for screen printers since it is not in use 100% of the time. Please read all the information thoroughly as you must be able to print independently and abide by the studio rules.
Open Studio is for water-based ink screen printers that are able to print independently without instruction including screen exposure and screen reclaiming. I am here to give advice on printing issues that may come up where in the end my goal is to make sure you are efficient and successful and the studio equipment is used properly and kept in good condition for the benefit of all screen printers.
$10 hourly fee includes: your own printing area, use of Ink Lounge screens and materials for coating, prepping and reclaiming. Please read information below for additional fees on consumable items: inks, transparencies, paper, etc.
UPDATE • $10 one time fee to cover extras (gloves, printing transparencies, etc.)
Open Studio Hours: Monday-Friday: 10am-5pm
Please fill out the Open Studio Request Form to get started. I will do my best to confirm within 1 business day.
Open Studio Fees
Open Studio Rates
• $10/hr that includes your own printing table, use of screens, emulsion, exposure unit, wash-out booth, tape, etc.
Please note: CC or check only, no cash
• 1 hour minimum
• $10 one time fee to cover extras (gloves, printing transparencies, etc.)
You are required to bring your own materials to print on, although I do have a limited supply of 20x26 cover weight paper in many colors. Fee is$1/sheet which I can cut to smaller sizes. Call to check (303) 321-7101.
• Ink: $1.25/oz | Jar is weighed before and after to charge accurately. You may bring your own as long as it is water-based – plastisol is not allowed.
• 8.5x11=$2 | 11x17=$4
• 13x19=$5 | 18x24=$15
I only print transparencies for open studio printers and screen prep orders.
Screen Sizes Available
• 18x20 (approximately 10x12 image)
• 20x24 (approximately 12x16 image)
• 23x31 (approximately 15x23 image)
• 25x36 (approximately 18x24 image)
• Open Studio is not a drop in situation, please fill out form to request a time.
• Helpers are currently not allowed.
• Last pull at 30 minutes prior to studio closing in order to give you time to clean up, reclaim screens and/or heat set fabric items.
• Files must be submitted at the same time you request an appointment.
NEW • required to upload files as part of the Request Form. File help • Visit Link
Entrance & Parking
The main entrance is located on the west side of the building, accessible through the alley. PLEASE NOTE: Alley entrance is only accessible from Ellsworth, between Fox and Galapago. Look for the big sign!
There are 3 spots available plus a 15 minute drop off/pick up spot. If they are full you can also street park and walk down the alley.