Practice, print, repeat.
Open Studio is for water-based ink screen printers that are able to print independently without instruction including screen exposure and screen reclaiming. I am here to help print transparencies and give advice on printing issues that may come up where in the end my goal is to make sure you are efficient and successful – and the studio equipment is used properly and kept in good condition for the benefit of all screen printers.
$10 Hourly Fee Includes: your own printing area, use of Ink Lounge screens and materials for coating, prepping and reclaiming. Please read information below for additional fees on consumable items: inks, transparencies, paper, etc.
I also offer a $35 screen prep instruction/refresher option that you can add to your appointment: we will go over choosing the correct screen mesh, coating, exposing, reclaiming, plus some minor file set-up and printing transparencies. Please note: it does not cover registration or printing and will add about 45 minutes.
Open Studio Hours: Monday-Friday: 10am-5pm
Please fill out the Open Studio Request Form to get started. We will do our best to confirm within 1 business day.
• If you need come in today or tomorrow, please call the studio to check availability: (303) 321-7101
Open Studio Fees
Printing Templates & Trapping Info
Open Studio Rates
• $10/hr that includes space, use of our screens, emulsion, exposure unit, wash-out booth, tape, etc.
• 1 hour minimum
• $35: screen prep option fee if requested
You are required to bring your own materials to print on, although we do have a limited supply of 20x26 cover weight paper in many colors. Fee is$1/sheet which we can cut to smaller sizes. Call to check (303) 321-7101.
• Ink: $1.25/oz | Jar is weighed before and after to charge accurately. You may bring your own as long as it is water-based – plastisol is not allowed.
We only print out transparencies for open studio printers and screen prep orders.
• 8.5x11=$2 | 11x17=$4 | 13x19=$5
• NEW 18x24=$15
Screen Sizes Available
• 18x20 (approximately 10x12 image)
• 20x24 (approximately 12x16 image)
• 23x31 (approximately 15x23 image)
• 25x36 (approximately 18x24 image)
• Open Studio is not a drop in situation as we often run workshops or events that may take up the entire studio. But we will do our best to accommodate everyones schedule.
• Open Studio is not a a place for you to teach a friend to screen print – the only person printing is the person who has scheduled the time.
• Because we stagger printers by 30 minutes, please be on time so we don't have too much overlap in coating and exposing.
• Last pull at 30 minutes prior to studio closing in order to give you time to clean up, reclaim screens and/or heat set fabric items.
• Your files need to be ready to print to transparencies with the exception of registration marks that I can help add. If you need help in separating your art, scanning in images, etc. - please ask one of your graphic designer friends to assist. We do have some templates and more info on our resource page to assist you or the person helping you set up your final files.
• We do not provide test T-shirts, so you will need to bring your own shirts to run tests on. Paper printers you're OK as we have plenty of scrap paper for testing inks.
Entrance & Parking
Our main entrance is located on the west side of the building, accessible through the alley. PLEASE NOTE: Alley entrance is only accessible from Ellsworth, between Fox and Galapago. Look for the big sign!
There are 3 spots available plus a 15 minute drop off/pick up spot. If they are full you can also street park and walk down the alley.
make life interestink