Practice, print, repeat.
Open Studio is for water-based ink screen printers that are able to print independently without instruction including screen exposure and screen reclaiming. I am here to help print transparencies and give advice on printing issues that may come up where in the end my goal is to make sure you are efficient and successful – and the studio equipment is used properly and kept in good condition for the benefit of all screen printers.
$10 Hourly Fee Includes: your own printing area, use of Ink Lounge screens and materials for coating, prepping and reclaiming. Please read information below for additional fees on consumable items: inks, transparencies, paper, etc.
I also offer a $35 screen prep instruction/refresher option that you can add to your appointment: we will go over choosing the correct screen mesh, coating, exposing, reclaiming, plus some minor file set-up and printing transparencies. Please note: it does not cover registration or printing and will add about 45 minutes.
Open Studio Hours: Monday-Friday: 10am-5pm
Please fill out the Open Studio Request Form to get started. I will do my best to confirm within 1 business day.
• If you need come in today or tomorrow, please call the studio to check availability: (303) 321-7101
Open Studio Fees
Printing Templates & Trapping Info
Open Studio Rates
• $10/hr that includes your own printing table, use of screens, emulsion, exposure unit, wash-out booth, tape, etc.
• 1 hour minimum
• $35: screen prep option fee if requested
You are required to bring your own materials to print on, although I do have a limited supply of 20x26 cover weight paper in many colors. Fee is$1/sheet which I can cut to smaller sizes. Call to check (303) 321-7101.
• Ink: $1.25/oz | Jar is weighed before and after to charge accurately. You may bring your own as long as it is water-based – plastisol is not allowed.
I only print transparencies for open studio printers and screen prep orders.
• 8.5x11=$2 | 11x17=$4 | 13x19=$5
• NEW 18x24=$15
Screen Sizes Available
• 18x20 (approximately 10x12 image)
• 20x24 (approximately 12x16 image)
• 23x31 (approximately 15x23 image)
• 25x36 (approximately 18x24 image)
• Open Studio is not a drop in situation as I often run workshops that take up the entire studio. But I will do my best to accommodate everyones schedule.
• Please be on time as I stagger printers by 30 minutes so we don't have overlap in coating and exposing.
• Last pull at 30 minutes prior to studio closing in order to give you time to clean up, reclaim screens and/or heat set fabric items.
• Your files need to be ready to print to transparencies with the exception of registration marks that I can help add. I do have some templates and more info on the resource page to assist you or the person helping you set up your final files.
Entrance & Parking
The main entrance is located on the west side of the building, accessible through the alley. PLEASE NOTE: Alley entrance is only accessible from Ellsworth, between Fox and Galapago. Look for the big sign!
There are 3 spots available plus a 15 minute drop off/pick up spot. If they are full you can also street park and walk down the alley.