Open Studio Fees
Printing Templates & Trapping Info
Open Studio Rates
* Per Hour*: $10 - Open Studio
* Please note we do have a 1 hour minimum.
* Ink: $1.25/oz | Jar is weighed before and after to charge accurately. We also sell 8oz and 32oz jars of ink in the shop.
Transparencies: we only print out transparencies for open studio printers and screen prep orders.
* 8.5x11=$2 | 11x17=$4 | 13x19=$5
* NEW 18x24=$15
* Platen Tape $2/sheet
You are required to bring your own materials to print on, although we do have a limited supply of 20x26 cover weight paper in many colors. Fee is$1/sheet which we can cut to smaller sizes. Please call to check colors and quantity.
Screen Sizes Available
* 18x20 (approximately 10x12 image)
* 20x24 (approximately 12x16 image)
* 23x31 (approximately 15x23 image)
* 25x36 (approximately 18x24 image)
Screen Prep Fees
Fees include checking file for printability, adding registration marks if needed, printing of transparency, coating screen, exposing screen, washing out screen, and reclaiming after use.
18x20: ideal image size 10x12
$59 Includes New Screen
$38 Bring Your Own Screen*
20x24: ideal image size 12x16
$65 Includes New Screen
$38 Bring Your Own Screen*
23x31: ideal image size 15x23
$89 Includes New Screen
$60 Bring Your Own Screen*
25x36: ideal image size 18x27
$110 Includes New Screen
$80 Bring Your Own Screen*
* Must be free of ink, tape and ready to reclaim – otherwise additional fees may apply.
plenty of elbow room
to create projects
Open Studio is for screen printers that have completed the full day process workshop, one of our private workshops, or have taken full day workshops elsewhere – and are able to work independently. We are here to help print transparencies and are always willing to give advice on printing issues that may come up to make sure your prints are coming out super fine. Our ultimate goal is to make sure you are efficient and successful – and studio equipment is used properly and kept in good condition for the benefit of all printers.
$10 Hourly Fee Includes: your own printing area, use of our screens and materials for coating, prepping and reclaiming. Please see right column for any additional fees.
We no longer offer Assisted Open Studio, but we offer a 3 hour Screen Prep Workshop for 2 types of printers; printers that have taken our full day process workshop where you need some refreshing to the basic steps, or printers that have learned the process somewhere else and need to become familiar with our process. This workshop will go over coating, exposing and washing out, and reclaiming. Please note: it will not go over printing or registration.
For printers that do not have the experience to prep screens, but still want to print, you do have the option to have us prep your screens. We will confirm all details before your appointment. See right column for fees.
Open Studio Hours:
Tuesday-Friday: 10am-5pm, Saturday: noon-5pm
Please fill out the Open Studio Request Form to get started. We will do our best to confirm within 1 business day.
* If you need come in today or tomorrow, please call the studio to check availability:
* Open Studio is not a drop in situation as we often run workshops or events that may take up the entire studio. But we will do our best to accommodate everyones schedule.
* Because we stagger printers by 30 minutes, please be on time so we don't have too much overlap in coating and exposing.
* Last pull at 30 minutes prior to studio closing in order to give you time to clean up, reclaim screens and/or heat set fabric items.
* Open Studio is not a a place for you to teach a friend to screen print – the only person printing is the person who has scheduled the time.
* Your files need to be ready to print to transparencies. If you need help in separating your art, scanning in images, add registration marks, etc. - please ask one of your graphic designer friends to assist. We have templates and more info on our resource page to assist you or the person helping you set up your final files.
* We do not provide test T-shirts, so you will need to bring your own shirts to run tests on. Paper printers you're OK as we have plenty of scrap paper for testing inks.